DATE AND LOCATION OF EVENT
Date: January 10, 2018
Location: Atlantic Resort, 240 Aquidneck Avenue, Middletown, RI 02842
COST OF EVENT
NCMA Members: No Charge (Register via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org Valid member number required)
Government: $15.00 (Pay online – Valid .mil e-mail required (no email@example.com for example)
Non-Memebrs: $35.00 (Pay online)
SCHEDULE OF EVENT
- 1100-1130: Check- In
- 1130-1200: Lunch Served
- 1200-1330: Speaker Presentation
- 1330-1400: Networking
ERNEST AND YOUNG (EY), GOVERNMENT CONTRACT SERVICES TEAM
* Ron Meldonian is an Executive Contractor in Ernst & Young LLP’s Government Contract Services (GCS) practice. Prior to joining GCS, Ron had 34 years’ experience in government contracting with the Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) and was a member of DoD’s Senior Executive Service (SES) for 9 years. His last position with DCAA was as Regional Director for the Northeastern Region which encompassed operational responsibility for 22 Field Audit Offices including overseas audit operations in Europe, Africa, the Middle East and Southwest Asia. Ron’s extensive background has enabled him to speak at both government only and industry/government forums and conferences on multiple occasions.
Skills and education
* Ron earned a Bachelor of Science in Accounting and a Master’s in Public Administration from Suffolk University, Boston, Massachusetts
* A Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and Licensed Real Estate Broker in Massachusetts
* Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA).
* With his extensive knowledge of Government Contracting, Ron is able to provide advice on a comprehensive array of services from proposal preparation, contract administration and closeout, indirect rate structures, incurred cost submissions, post-award audits, and review of applicable contract business systems. He has an in-depth knowledge of Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS)
* Ron has wide-ranging operational experience and practical knowledge in the areas of Cost Accounting Standards, cost allocation, Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) contract provisions, including cost principles.
* Based on his broad operational and field experience, Ron brings common sense solutions and advice to existing and prospective government business opportunities. He is able to provide personalized direct consultation to clients and their senior executives who are responsible for conducting business with the US Federal Government.
*Timothy is a senior manager in the Fraud Investigation & Dispute Services (FIDS) practice and he is based out of Boston MA office. Timothy has been with FIDS for over ten years and during this time and gained a broad range of experiences working on a variety of projects across many different industries. In more recent years he has focused compliance matters for federal contractors. He has extensive experience related to key DoD business systems, Cost & Price analysis, indirect rates and responding to DCAA audit findings and corrective actions. Tim has worked on engagements related to CMS regulations, fraud investigations, forensic accounting reviews, and accounting remediation projects. He has also spent a portion of his career overseas supporting clients abroad. Tim has managed multiple large teams and he has worked closely with many business functions such as Internal Audit, Supply chain, Contracts, and General Counsel’s Office.
Skills and education
* Tim earned a B.S. in Business Administration in both Finance and Accounting from Western New England College
* A Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
* Professional affiliations include the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
(AICPA) Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) National Contract Management Association
(NCMA) the National Defense Industry Association (NDIA) and the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE). Tim is also a CISA candidate.
* Internal Audit Support – Timothy has been a lead, manager, and subject matter expert for clients conducting assessments of key business systems and performing other compliance audits. He has executed all phases of these engagements planning, staffing, managing fieldwork, assessing weaknesses and risk factors, writing and presenting observations, and working to mitigate gaps. He has also supported other internal audit type projects such as reviews of policies and procedures
* Supply Chain Compliance – Timothy has lead and support several engagements related to supply chain risks including CPSR preparation, remediation of corrective actions, subcontractor monitoring.
* Cost and Price Analysis – Timothy has supported multiple clients improve their processes for performing cost and price analysis on certified cost or pricing data provided by subcontractors. He has performed the analysis, liaising with subcontractors to make sure they understood the requirements, and managed teams of people performing the work.
* Rate Support – Timothy has worked on the review/audit of indirect rates for several different clients, including foreign clients (e.g. Japan). He has also been on two different engagements to help clients develop cost allocation plans.
* Overseas Government Remediation & Implementation – Timothy spent 1 year serving as the manager for the London-based accounting workstream on a large, highly confidential project for a government sector client. The project commenced in July 2009 with an investigation phase, and the project scope has subsequently transitioned to include assistance with the design and implementation of short term, medium term and long-term remediation actions. The project team has been led by FIDS, but includes team members from Advisory, Assurance, Tax, and TAS practices across the globe.