NCMA RI Undergraduate Scholarship
NCMA RI is pleased to announce the 2nd annual NCMA RI Undergraduate Scholarship awards, designed to encourage study in Contract Management, Entrepreneurship, Project Management or related Business Studies. This award, of $500 may be used in any manner.
NCMA is made up of various defense related companies (primes and subcontractors) as well as other small businesses interested in doing business with the government. We encourage study within this community through experiential learning and student engagement. It is our hope that this small stipend will alleviate stress and thus enable business students to concentrate on their coursework and major.
Students will also receive a free student membership into NCMA www.ncmahq.org and www.ncma-ri.org and invited to attend Chapter meetings, local conferences and/or events. Awardees are asked to attend at least 2 events in order to help build their own network and learn more about Contract Management. All fees for local events are waived.
- Must be U.S. citizens or hold permanent resident status.
- Course of study is a degree in a Business Related Area – (Examples follow but are not limited to the areas below). If you do not see your major, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Accounting Finance Management
- Advertising Financial Services Marketing
- Business Administration Global Communications Supply Chain Management Economics Human Resources
- Entrepreneurship International Business
- Juniors and Seniors
- GPA: 3.0 or higher
- Full-time student
Evaluation and Selection
Selection will be done by the business deans of of the selected schools and submitted to NCMA RI by Aug. 25th. The 2012 selection is open to Johnson & Wales University, Roger Williams University and Salve Regina University. Interested students from other schools should speak to their college dean and have them inquire at email@example.com for 2013.
Names and forms should be submitted to NCMA RI by Aug. 25th. Awards will be given out at the October Chapter meeting. Forms will be emailed to the deans in early August.