- This event has passed.
SBANE: US Navy NAVSEA SBIR Workshop (Demo)
December 16, 2015 @ 7:30 am - 2:00 pm
A Difference Maker
Women’s Business Committee
Technology & Innovation Committee Present
Boston NAVSEA SBIR Workshop
Have you ever wondered how your innovative ideas or capabilities, either technology or services, can be delivered to the Department of Defense? If so, come hear how you can get a share of the $350 million of non-dilutive funds invested every year by the Navy in innovative ideas.
SBANE is hosting a Navy SBIR Workshop to inform New England companies about the just released SBIR solicitation. In support of this event, the U.S. Navy is sending the following representatives from the NAVSEA, Naval Sea Systems Command, SBIR Program Offices:
- Ryan Shealy, NAVSEA SBIR Deputy Program Manager, NAVSEA 05T Engineering Directorate
- Whitney Taylor, PEO Submarines Technology Manager, Program Executive Office
- Emily Novak, PEO Ships SBIR Coordinator, Program Executive Office
- Jennifer Greenwood, PEO Littoral Combat Ship (LCS) SBIR Coordinator, Program Executive Office
- Dick McNamara, Technology Transition Coordinator, NAVSEA SBIR Program Office
- Jonathan Leggett, Outreach Coordinator, NAVSEA SBIR Program Office
The day’s agenda will cover:
- A review of each of the 37 NAVSEA topics in the just released solicitation: SBIR Topics
- An in-depth presentation of the Navy’s Proposal Evaluation process
- 1-on-1 conversations with the NAVSEA Program SBIR representatives
As a commitment to engaging more women, minorities and veterans in the SBIR Program, NAVSEA has promised to return to Boston and debrief proposal evaluations with any of the attendees of this event who are either from a Woman-Owned Small Business or have a woman Primary Investigator on their proposal, a Minority-Owned Small Business or a Veteran-Owned Small Business.
When: Wednesday, December 16, 2015
Time: 7:30 AM – Registration, Networking and Breakfast; 8:00 AM – 2:00 PM – Program, Lunch, and 1-on-1 Conversations with Navy Personnel
Where: The Law Offices of McCarter & English, 265 Franklin Street, 14th Floor, Boston MA 02110
Register: Please click here to register for this event.
Seating is limited; please register early!
Cost: $40 SBANE Members; $50 Non-Members
NOTE: Please notify us 24 hours in advance if you wish to cancel your registration and receive a credit toward a future event or a full refund.
Thank you to our Host and Sponsor
McCarter & English
Thank you to our Business Partners!
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Eastern Insurance / Eastern Bank
- Grant Thornton
- Integrated IT Solutions
- Meridien Benefits, Inc.
- People’s United Bank
- Raytheon Integrated Defense Systems
- Santander Bank
- TD Bank
- TGA Cross Insurance